archos 101 gen 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

archos 101 gen 8

Post  nonghost on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi, i have a freshly reset archos 101 gen 8.
All it has running on is it arctools and Gplay.
Every time i try and run DAWOSC it crashes immediately, i haven't put any layouts on it yet, just downloaded and tried to run the program.
Have you had any other people running it on this device....say's it should run on the playstore

i know one other person has but they appear to be running urukdroid and i am running stock.

cheers

nonghost

Back to top Go down

Re: archos 101 gen 8

Post  Admin on Wed May 01, 2013 6:04 am

Hi.

I'm not sure why it would be crashing your tablet. I haven't heard of anyone using this tablet with DAWOSC. I also just checked my stats on Google Play. One of the stats is the types of devices that DAWOSC is installed on, but it doesn't show Archos specifically. The stats show that 68% of all installs are on "Other" devices, so your tablet might be one of those "Other" devices.

No one has reported that DAWOSC crashes their tablet either (until now).

I do have a new version coming out soon. I'm hoping to release it by the weekend. Along with a bunch of new features, it's also got a ton of bug fixes (more than I care to mention!), so maybe this new version will work on your tablet.

I'll be posting news about the new release on this forum in the "News and Updates" section. Hopefully it'll work on your tablet Smile If not, we can try to figure out the problem afterwards if you like.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nonghost on Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 am

Hey Mark,

Cheers for the reply.
I actually use DAWOSC on my nexus 7 mostly so it's not a huge deal to bo honest.
Just saw someone on this forum using archos 101 with urukdroid (although i'm on stock) and wondered if maybe i was doing something daft but i guess it's probably just because the archos is a bit crap.
You have to use arctools to get Gplay on it, could maybe something to do with that.

Look forward to the new release.

Steven

nonghost

Back to top Go down

Post  nonghost on Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 am

p.s. it's not crashing the tablet, the app is just crashing before it starts up.

nonghost

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed May 01, 2013 11:50 am

Hey Steven

Ah, ok. I guess you'll probably have to try arctools to get it to work. And considering that you have to use arctools to get google play to work, the upcoming new release probably won't work either without arctools.

But you never know, this new version of DAWOSC has had most of it's source code re-written and cleaned up, so there's a small chance it might work...fingers crossed Smile

Mark

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I have same issue with Archos 101

Post  The Lion on Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

I just saw this thread and as I also have an Archos 101 I thought I would try it and I found that I do have the same problem. The app crashes immediately on launch.

No big deal for me as I wasn't going to use the Archos anyway but I thought it may be worth posting.

The Lion

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed May 01, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks for confirming that. I'll come back to this issue if the new new release still crashes on this tablet.

Let me know if you don't think it's worth trying to fix. And just a heads-up on trying to to fix it: it's a lot of "try this version, ok now try this version".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nonghost on Thu May 02, 2013 8:39 am

cheers, will update you after the new release.

apparently it works when you root the archos and run urukdroid though, so there is a apparent work around anyway.

Steven

nonghost

Back to top Go down

Crash on archos 101

Post  Hellfire on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 am

I can confirm that the app crashes when I try to launch it on my Archos 101 tablet (running android 2.2). Pity as it would be a good use to put the old tablet to!

Hellfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum