Issues with update

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Issues with update

Post  Admin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:03 am

Jdudeo wrote:I was just thinking, would it be possible maybe as a long term goal to incorporate a function of the DAWOSC app loading its preset files from the computer it's connecting to at loading time? Maybe the pd patch can specify where the files are or some path can be saved in the app which it accesses via TCP/UDP like it does for MIDI and OSC data?

I was just thinking about this because I find myself modifying my presets a lot, and every time I have a new version I find myself having to transfer it to my device and then specify the new version in the app, not all that time consuming but it builds up after a while, though maybe there's a solution with some shared directory like dropbox where the old preset file can just be overridden...

This is just about done Smile I have to finish the current update first, then I can complete this idea.

So, basically, the editor will be able to send the layout directly to your android device. I'm thinking that it'll be completed in about 2 weeks!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:46 am

Great! This is one of the things I've been looking forward to the most!

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 am

Hey, I've just noticed a bug with the app, when you change a layout to another layout it doesn't change the name of the layout in the 5 layouts + "more" button popup menu accessed from the main screen

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:51 am

by the way loving the background image feature in the new update!

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:21 am

Would like to request some alternative behavior for knobs if possible. I've been trying them out in my setups recently but the main problem I've had with them is the circular motion required to crank them and the fact that the part you have to press to get the maximum value is so close to the minimum value, I've found myself on many occasions accidentally setting it to 0 when meaning to max it out. In terms of the circular movement it would be cool and probably more live-show-friendly if you could press and drag in a straight line left or right to go down or up respectively or drag up and down to increase or decrease the value and when it hit max or min it would stop being affected by further dragging.

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:16 pm

Hey, I've just noticed a bug with the app, when you change a layout to another layout it doesn't change the name of the layout in the 5 layouts + "more" button popup menu accessed from the main screen

Thanks for the ads-up. I'll fix that in a day or two Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Would like to request some alternative behavior for knobs if possible. I've been trying them out in my setups recently but the main problem I've had with them is the circular motion required to crank them and the fact that the part you have to press to get the maximum value is so close to the minimum value, I've found myself on many occasions accidentally setting it to 0 when meaning to max it out. In terms of the circular movement it would be cool and probably more live-show-friendly if you could press and drag in a straight line left or right to go down or up respectively or drag up and down to increase or decrease the value and when it hit max or min it would stop being affected by further dragging.
I'll be implementing a function that prevents you from accidentally going from MAX to MIN or vice-versa. It''ll be similar to TouchOSC's "No Rollover" feature"

In the meantime, you might be able to use faders instead (hopefully).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:58 pm

Excellent that should do the trick

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:36 pm

Jdudeo wrote:Hey, I've just noticed a bug with the app, when you change a layout to another layout it doesn't change the name of the layout in the 5 layouts + "more" button popup menu accessed from the main screen

I've been trying to duplicate this tonight, but I haven't had any luck so far. I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll happen to me so I can fix it.

Mark

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Jdudeo wrote:by the way loving the background image feature in the new update!

Glad you like it! This is Phase 1 of the graphics update. Eventually, all controllers will have a graphics too. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Admin wrote:
Jdudeo wrote:Hey, I've just noticed a bug with the app, when you change a layout to another layout it doesn't change the name of the layout in the 5 layouts + "more" button popup menu accessed from the main screen

I've been trying to duplicate this tonight, but I haven't had any luck so far. I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully, it'll happen to me so I can fix it.

Mark

Really? I've never seen them update except initially when they went from, for example, "layout 1" to [loaded layout name] after that they never change from what was initially loaded

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:54 am

hmmm...

Can you email me a layout that is not changing the popup menu text when you load it? Maybe that'll help me duplicate it.

My email address is mark @ markderrico.com

thanks!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:40 am

Ok I'm having an issue since the last update where I can't access the preferences in the app because when I click the little arrow that brings up the list of layouts with "preferences" near the bottom I can't scroll it for some reason, pressing and dragging simply doesn't do anything.

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:41 am

Ok I'm having an issue since the last update where I can't access the preferences in the app because when I click the little arrow that brings up the list of layouts with "preferences" near the bottom I can't scroll it for some reason, pressing and dragging simply doesn't do anything.
Hmmm...that's strange. That sounds like like an issue with your Android OS. DAWOSC (and all other apps) don't manage that popup list/menu. That's all handled by the Android OS. I'll look into it later today to see what I can find out.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:36 am

Well the OS was updated recently and it probably has something to do with that, it's difficult for me to try it with other applications though since yours is the only one that has a pop-up menu long enough that it needs to be scrolled like that.

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:01 am

Jdudeo wrote: it's difficult for me to try it with other applications though since yours is the only one that has a pop-up menu long enough that it needs to be scrolled like that.

Good point! Hopefully, I'll find an answer out there.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Did you end up finding anything out? I'm still finding myself unable to scroll the menu to get to Preferences, though it seems to randomly come up scrolled to the bottom sometimes so if I'm lucky I can make it to Preferences.

Also glad to see the "save straight to device" feature in the new Editor, for some reason though after setting everything up properly with my IP addresses and such it just hangs at 0% saying it's trying to contact the Android device..

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:20 pm

I haven't had any luck at all so far finding out why your menu won't scroll.

As for the editor hanging when sending the layout, try turning off your firewall to see if that's blocking the communication between the editor and your tablet.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Ok maybe I have an issue with my tablet's screen.. I have noticed recently some strange behavior in other apps.

As for the connection issue I'm not running any firewalls but am I correct in assuming I can use the 8080 port that Pure Data uses to send messages to the app over wireless or do I need to choose a different one?

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Yeah, maybe it is your tablet. I still haven't found anything about the menu problem, so it's not a common problem.

As for the transfer, the editor sends an OSC command to DAWOSC to tell DAWOSC to get ready to receive a layout file. Then the editor sends the layout using TCP on port 2750. It sounds like there's a communication problem. so yes, you can use the same port as puredata.

Try these ideas...

Make sure no other OSC programs are running
Make sure that the Windows firewall is really off (or that it'll allow the editor to use port 2750).

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:56 pm

Ah I need to open port 2750?

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:54 am

yup. Normally, Windows will show a message asking if you want to allow the editor to use that port and you just have to click 'yes'.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 am

Ok I managed to get it to work once I closed PureData, thanks!

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Latest update

Post  Jdudeo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:28 am

Hey,

Seems like in the latest update to the editor, loading presets of faders etc. doesn't seem to work anymore. The only way I can seem to move controllers between layouts is by copy pasting the controller's text properties between the layouts' text files.

I would like to also ask if there's a possibility of including some function to copy and paste controllers between layouts from within the editor instead of having to use presets or editing of text files?

Thanks,
J

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:07 pm

The preset issue was fixed a day or two ago. Go to the website to download the latest editor (3.97B).

I will be adding copy/paste of controllers later on..I'm just not sure when yet.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top