Possible other connection methods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Possible other connection methods?

Post  Jdudeo on Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:14 am

Hi, I know that at the moment DAWOSC communicates with Pure Data and thus the DAW over wireless networks. I'm wondering if there is any plan or intention to bring some other connection methods into the picture? Having played my first live show using my tablet set up with DAWOSC, I found that the only way I could be sure I could connect properly was by bringing my home's wireless router (that had all the appropriate ports opened etc.) to the venue with me and using that network to connect.

Being that Android devices don't seem to be able to connect to ADHOC WiFi networks, I'm wondering if it would at some point be possible to connect over USB (with debugging mode enabled?) or maybe even bluetooth (for sets that aren't long enough to drain the battery life too much)? Bringing my router with me is not so much of a hassle, but with all the other equipment I have to carry it would be nice to be able to get rid of any load at all.

By the way if you're interested I've got a comp of some outtakes from my show using this setup:

http://youtu.be/R3AGo2TW8K0

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Possible other connection methods?

Post  Admin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Right now, I don't have any plans to add other communications methods, except for TCP for Behringer mixers.

If you're just using OSC, then you don't need puredata.

99% of all Android devices can't use USB for MIDI because Android devices don't support USB Host mode (which is required for USB MIDI).

I might add bluetooth later on, but if I did, it wouldn't happen for quite awhile.

And that's a cool video and performance! Smile

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jdudeo on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:05 am

Ok I guess I'll just bring my router with me then or buy a smaller one.

Thanks for watching!

J

Jdudeo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top