editor and wine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

editor and wine

Post  mickski on Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi i'm running the editor under wine on linux. I'm pleased to say it works well enough loads saves edits.
Just the ip address is wrong 127.12.34.56 which is on the loopback subnet rather than the machines ip address. Could you let me know what system call you're using to determine the ip address, it may help me to debug this. My hosts file is correct in that hostname=ip address.

Thanks in advance & having lots of fun with DawOSC.

mickski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: editor and wine

Post  Admin on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi!

Glad you're enjoying DAWOSC Smile

I'm using Windows sockets to get the IP address in the editor. You should probably just use a linux program to get your real address. Who knows what the linux emulator is telling the DAWOSC editor!

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mickski on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks for the speedy reply. I've misunderstood what the ip address display was for. You can set the ip address & osc port in the send layout window duh. Still isn't working mind. Oh well no biggie just copy and paste and load file. Once again thanks for the reply.

mickski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm actually not too surprised that sending layouts doesn't work using an emulator on linux. The editor uses OSC and TCP to send the files, so that might be asking too much unfortunately. At least you have. work-around Smile

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top