can't send layouts from my PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

can't send layouts from my PC

Post  vivalapuna on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi Mark. Today (12/15/13) I tried to modify a layout I previously been using but when I try to send it, a message appears on the android device asking me to "enter the computer's IP address in preferences before sending Layouts from the editor".

Nothing changed on the PC or android's configurations lately, it used to work perfect a few days ago. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I think I used to see the IP straight when I got into preferences, just after the "computer IP address" title. Now I see the text "enter the IP address...". When I jump into the option, the IP address (wich is the same as usual) is already written there, so I click OK. Tried re-writting it, and even changing to a new one, but still getting the message when I try to upload a layout. Any clues?

vivalapuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: can't send layouts from my PC

Post  Admin on Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:27 pm

In Preferences, the IP address was never shown in the text. You always have to select the IP preference to see what's entered.

It sounds like the Preferences in your Android device might be messed up. Preferences are managed by Android itself, not the app. Try un-installing DAWOSC and then re-installing it. Also, make sure that your IP address are correct.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vivalapuna on Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:10 pm

tried un-installing but the same goes on. The IP is correct, restarted everything several times, changed the pc IP but no way. I've been placing files by pasting txt's in the app folder, but the send function was very comfortable. any other clue? repeat, nothing changed in the configuration of the computer, the tablet or the app preferences this days, it just stopped working.

vivalapuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:02 am

Quick question...

Did your computer's IP address change to 192.168.1.100?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vivalapuna on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:58 am

yes, it's always been that.

vivalapuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 am

Ahh...

That explains it. 192.168.1.100 is the default IP address in DAWOSC when it's first installed, so if you have that IP address entered in Preferences, the app assumes you haven't entered your real IP address yet.

That default has always been like that, so I'm not sure why you're suddenly seeing this issue now.

Either way, it's a quick fix. I'll have it fixed tonight Smile

Mark

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vivalapuna on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:45 pm

It's strange, cause I've had setted both IP's like this for a long time (I use teamviewer in the tablet to control music from the PC). Just in case, now my wife told me a system update was installed saturday night... (problem with shared devices)

vivalapuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:19 pm

ok, Google Play is updated, so try out the new version.

Mark

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top