Dsiplay OSC Text-messages and Bank Program Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dsiplay OSC Text-messages and Bank Program Change

Post  speedinator on Wed May 14, 2014 6:04 am

first of all, i think DAWOsc is a great app. It opens up a lot of possibilities for designing your own midi-controller. Just didn't notice it before, as most people refer to TouchOSC or TouchDAW...

(i know it has been a while since the last post here on this forum, but) i would like to send a small feature request:

- (ok, this is more a bug): DAWOsc editor is crashing constantly under windows 8.1. Most times after saving layout, but also out of a sudden. It works perfectly fine though under windows 7. Just to let you know...

- Could you implement bank program change messages (with lsb msb and not just 0 to 127)? For some plugins i have difficulties adressing the right preset without sending bank parameters (i. e. Mini V)

- Is DAWOsc able to receive and display OSC-text-messages? At least i didn't find a way... Maybe there could be an option for labels to display specific OSC-text?

Best, speedinator

speedinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dsiplay OSC Text-messages and Bank Program Change

Post  Admin on Wed May 14, 2014 8:50 am

hey Speedinator

Glad you like DAWOSC Smile thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have a computer with Windows 8.1, so I won't be able to fix that anytime soon. Sad

I'll add Bank Program Changes to the list of features to be added.

DAWOSC should be able to display OSC text messages. You can use a label (or any controller) to do this. You'll have to set the OSC prefix of the controller to the same prefix as the incoming OSC message and check 'Display Value' for the label.

I can't say when this change will be done. I haven't been able to work on DAWOSC for the past several months due to my full-time job, film scoring projects and most importantly, family member health issues. So there WILL be new features added to DAWOSC, but I'm just not sure when. I'm hoping to be able to start working on this again in the upcoming months.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  speedinator on Thu May 15, 2014 6:28 am

thx for your qiuck reply!

I have just worked with midi-messages so i wasn't sure about OSC-text... it's so obvious now you told me how to set up OSC-text-receive  Laughing.

I hope everything works out well for you!

speedinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu May 15, 2014 7:06 am

speedinator wrote:I hope everything works out well for you!

thanks Smile

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top