Tablet can't receive Data

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tablet can't receive Data

Post  toni12345 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:59 am

Hi, I'm completely new to DAWOSC and I'm having a problem to receive data from the computer. Sending messages from DAWOSC works perfect with pure data, but when I try to send something to my tablet, pure data shows the message "udpsend blocked 5 msec". In te preferences in DAWOSC I have checked "Receive MIDI messages" and "Receive OSC messages", theres is also no active firewall.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

toni12345

Back to top Go down

Re: Tablet can't receive Data

Post  Admin on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 am

I've never seen that message before and when I googled it, there's practically no info about about it or what that error actually means. It sounds like puredata can't send the commands from your computer to your network for some reason. The thing I could see is that this problem is caused by having puredata send a huge amount of data at once, which I doubt that you're doing.

The only thing I can suggest that you try is to make sure that your layout (if you created one) and your DAWOSC Preferences have the Incoming OSC port set to 8080 and the Outgoing OSC port is 8001.

Also, I had problems with puredata at one point (different issue), so I completely un-installed it, re-booted, and then re-installed the latest version purdata.

Give those a try...hopefully that'll help.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  toni12345 on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks for your help. After trying out many different things I found out that the problem only occurs with CC00. After assigning a different CC to the fader in my layout everything worked perfectly. Since I am using a MIDI map in Midiox anyway, I can now do all the things i want to do, even if I still don't know why CC00 shows this peculiar behaviour.

toni12345

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Ahhh, you're using CC00. As far as I know, CC00 is invalid. MIDI CC numbers range from 1 to 127. That's probably why puredata had errors.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top