Mackie control

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mackie control

Post  Andrewdee on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:51 am

hi, ive got the mackie universal control pro. and the pitch bend controls the channel volume sliders. (in Studio One) when i try to setup the DAWOSC side to control the same, the pitch bend returns to zero when let go of the controller. is there any way to stop the value returning to zero. or any other way of doing this?
thx Andy

Andrewdee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mackie control

Post  Admin on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:09 pm

The pitch bend controller is designed to return-to-zero like a normal pitch wheel. I do plan on adding the ability to have the pitchbend NOT return to the center, I'm just not sure when I'll be able to implement that Sad

Could you use a fader in the meantime?

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrewdee on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:34 am

Thx for the reply Mark

I have tried mapping a fader to a Control Change and note number in DAWOSC then assigning the fader in Studio One to that Controller, and all works as it should. But this would have to be mapped to each fader in DAWOSC and to each fader in Studio One no problem there, but if i open a new project in Studio One the mappings are not saved i would have to remap for each project.

If I open an External Device in Studio One and link it to a "Mackie control" all are predefined globally and the same in each project, therefore the fader in the mackie device (fader 1) is channel one, pitch bend number x to x
There maybe a way of doing this using system elusive data but i'm a Sound Engineer and thats beyond my knowledge.
There is a great program called Midi Ox to find out what type of data hardware controllers send out
hope this helps other readers and thx for the plan to have the pitchbend NOT return to the center
Andy

Andrewdee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top