FL Studio setup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FL Studio setup

Post  ep7a on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Hello and thanks for the great app! I've been waiting for something like this to come for Android. cheers

I've already bought and use Dawosc but as a midi controller surface but the big question is:

Is there a way to receive messages from FL Studio? If yes, what are the settings (controller type, port, etc) for it?

Thanks in advance!

ep7a

Back to top Go down

Re: FL Studio setup

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:07 pm

Thanks for buying the app and your support Smile

Yes, the app can receive MIDI data from a DAW. Here's what you need to do:

- go into Preferences in the app and make sure that "Receive Data from your DAW" is checked
- go into FL Studio and set your MIDI device that receives data from DAWOSC so that it also transmits data out through the LoopBe (or whatever virtual MIDI program you installed).

You do have to be careful not to set up a MIDI loop. If you're using LoopBe and suddenly DAWOSC stops working, go into your Windows system tray and look at the LoopBe icon (a purple MIDI plug). It'll probably have a red circle on it. Right-click on the icon and select "un-mute".

I haven't had a chance to download a demo version of FL Studio yet, so I can't really give you any specifics on how to do this.

Hope that helps a little Smile

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ep7a on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm

Man, that was one fast reply!

Everything is ok with my midi configuration (i'm using LoopMidi for some time now with various controlers). The "Receive Data from your DAW" is checked alright.
It's an FL thing probably, because it uses specific ports for specific devices. In the screenshot you can see that the Launchpad has to be at port 115, TouchDaw at 102.

It would be great if you could find a way to receive messages from FL, but you made a great tool anyway. So, i'll wait some more... Smile

ep7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Judging by the image that you posted, it looks like you selected the Mackie control. Try selecting the 'generic controller' instead. On the DAWs, that I've tried, the generic controller used to send standard MIDI data.

I use Cubase and I created a generic controller and all fader, transport controls went out via LoopBE Out and DAWOSC received it all no problem.

The Mackie Control uses a unique protocol.

Maybe that'll help.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ep7a on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Nope.. the "generic controller" doesn't even send midi out messages.
AFAIK FL Studio's controllers are something like "hardwired" and only with specific protocol emulation from the controller's side they can communicate (?! i'm no programmer, english is not my native language, i hope i let you understand Rolling Eyes )

Anyway, I'll try to talk with IL people (right away) and if i get a solution i'll post it here.
Cheers and thanks for your time!

ep7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Well, that sucks if FL doesn't send out fader and transport info, etc via MIDI.

That would be great if you could post what you find out. I'll add it to the instructions on the website too.

Thanks Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top