Daisy Chaining OSC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daisy Chaining OSC

Post  Burtan on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 am

Hi,

here ist just a rough idea. TotalMixFX, the digital mixer for RME audio interfaces currently only supports one OSC client. Especially in digital mixing where several musicians could perfectly control their monitor submixes via smartphones, this is an important feature lacking. Daisy Chaining OSC could allow multiple users on one OSC port.
If you like the idea, I can give some more concrete thoughts on this Smile

Cheers!

Burtan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daisy Chaining OSC

Post  Admin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm

that's a cool idea! Whether that's possible or not is a different question...

I'll have to look into this to see if it's technically possible. I'll add it to the list of features Smile

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Burtan on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm glad you like it. I think this feature would make DAWOSC unique in the whole controller world Very Happy. So here are some more concrete thoughts.

HOST <-> Master Client <-> Slave Client 1# <-> Slave Client 2# ...

We will need a recursive function. Slave Client 1# will be Master Client for Slave Client 2# and so on.
The already established connection is Host <-> Master Client
The Master needs a connection to the Slave which could be the same port for in and out be must be a different IP.
I think all we need, is to establish an "OSC through". But the data should not only be routed further but also change the parameters of the specific client.

A message from Slave Client 2# will be sent to Slave Client 1#. Slave Client 1# listens to the message, adepts the parameters and further routes the message to the Master Client. The master client will do the same until it reaches the host.
A message from the host to the master will be processed in the same way but to the other direction.
A message from a client in the middle of the chain must be sent into both directions. (Slave Client 2# can do this as well, it won't harm when there is no slave 3#).

Burtan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Sounds simple enough....I can have this done by tomorrow...yeah, right! lol!

Thanks for the info...thalps a lot Smile

I've got a pretty big list of features to implement right now, so I'm thinking sometime in late March or April...I hope Smile

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top