Minor but important editor stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Minor but important editor stuff

Post  wasi on Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:59 am

Hi

a few things I'd like to see in the editor:

• Grid should maintain it's relative size, not absolute size when zooming. This is crucial to be able to work with the grid at all. A good grid system would allow you to work only in the editor. Right now it's hit and miss every time because you have no idea how bit that really grid is.
  • Grid size needs to show a numerical value. You can't transfer layout concepts if it's a rough slider. I'd suggest pixels, because that translates perfectly to your phone/tablet screen.
  • Zoom needs to show a value too. Again, you don't know what you're looking at unless you get a zoom value (and a reset to 1:1 button)

wasi

Back to top Go down

Re: Minor but important editor stuff

Post  Admin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:09 am

wasi wrote:Hi

a few things I'd like to see in the editor:

• Grid should maintain it's relative size, not absolute size when zooming. This is crucial to be able to work with the grid at all. A good grid system would allow you to work only in the editor. Right now it's hit and miss every time because you have no idea how bit that really grid is.
  • Grid size needs to show a numerical value. You can't transfer layout concepts if it's a rough slider. I'd suggest pixels, because that translates perfectly to your phone/tablet screen.
  • Zoom needs to show a value too. Again, you don't know what you're looking at unless you get a zoom value (and a reset to 1:1 button)

Thanks for the ideas!

I'll try to get these implemented in the next few days. I'll post a message here and in the 'News and Updates' section when they're implemented.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

snap to grid ?

Post  Franz on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:32 am

I'd like to support Wasi's requests. If I may add: it would be great if items could snap to grid.

Franz

Franz

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:48 am

Yeah, I forgot to add "snap to grid" and wasi's grid requests.

The 1:1 function probably won't get implemented because it would require the user to enter their device's physical size into the editor. For example, a resolution of 480x800 on some phones might be 2" x 4" and other other phones it could 1.5" x 4".

It's something I'll keep in mind though.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top