Imagine that... (layouts controlled by daw)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Imagine that... (layouts controlled by daw)

Post  Gildas on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 pm

...Imagine that the layouts could be open by what's happened on the daw, for example I'm opening a plugin eq and the layout in correspondance on dawosc is automatically selected... With a "default layout" on which we go back after closed the plug... And then a special button designed to active or not this option. With that function it could be great to design a lot of layers very closed to the original plugin to control, so maybe the possibility to get more layouts would be useful. Anyway in that state I couldn't use it because sonar act generic surface control doesn't return midi information (it makes me mad not to find a solution !).

Hope you've created the coffee button ! Cool

Gildas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Imagine that... (layouts controlled by daw)

Post  Admin on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:46 pm

First of all, you're only allowed to submit 2 features requests a day, otherwise you're banned! Wink lol!

That's a cool idea Smile
It would require that the DAW sends a MIDI or OSC command when a plug-in gets opened or gets focus though. It's not something I've ever looked for, so I have no idea right now if it's possible. I can certain implement that feature though.

I'll add it to that damn list.....

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coupe70 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Well I guess all you can do is to implement what I suggested, that you can switch layouts by
sending MIDI messages (most likely Program Change messages) to DAWOSC.

Everything else is on the DAW side, not much you can do about it I suppose.
There exist some scripts for the Ableton Live API and layouts for this iOS app
I MIGHT have mentioned...these offer parts of this functionality using OSC, but it's
all a bit limited and I'm pretty sure that other DAWs don't offer anything like this...

coupe70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top