behaviour of buttons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

behaviour of buttons

Post  nolman on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 am

Am i doing something wrong or are momentary buttons still sending the osc data 2 times?
1 time on touch and 1 time on release?
Or do i need another sort of button.

I'm having this problem in reaper with every action i test.
the idea is to use buttons in dawosc to trigger shortcuts.
I could use a push button but then it acts visually like a toggle (colour switches to foreground and stays till next press)
i could use a push button with the same foreground colour and background colour but then theres no visual cue the button was pressed.

behaviour expected:
touch the button, the osc data is send once, visual cue that the button was touched by shortly showing the foreground colour and changing back to background colour.

nolman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: behaviour of buttons

Post  Admin on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:08 am

nope, this isn't a bug Smile This is how it's supposed to work.

Here's how it works:

If you want to send the ON value when you press a momentary button and then send nothing when you release it, then leave the OFF value blank.

By leaving the OFF value blank, then nothing is sent when you release the button.

Mark

EDIT:

This is only true for Float and Integer values. You're right if the OSC value is TEXT. So here's the question to everyone:

For OSC Momentary buttons with a Text value, should the button send the same Text value when the button is released? Or should it work like Float values and send the OSC ON value when pressed and the OFF values when released (and if the OFF value is blank, then no command is sent)?

I'll be out of town for the next few days, to talk amongst yourselves and I'll make whatever change is needed on tuesday next week Smile

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  torrescampalans on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Admin wrote:Or should it work like Float values and send the OSC ON value when pressed and the OFF values when released (and if the OFF value is blank, then no command is sent)?

this seems suitable for all purposes Smile. nice.

torrescampalans

View user profile http://losliriosdelbosque.besalelosdientes.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nolman on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 am

thanks works great now.

nolman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content