new user / dumb questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

new user / dumb questions

Post  CubaseMan on Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:11 pm

Hi
Just got the app and trying to get some traction on the learning curve!

I have got the basic cubase templates loaded and working via loop be and pdx. But, the communication only seems in one direction -for example, I can operate a cubase fader from my tablet but if I move the same fader in cubase from the PC, this doesn't move the fader on the tablet. Likewise transport controls operated from the pc are not reflected in the tablet app. Is this correct?

Also, I would like to be able to incorporate meter levels and transport/cursor position in a new layout but am struggling to do so - any pointers or advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

Steve

CubaseMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new user / dumb questions

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 pm

There's two things you have to do in order for Cubase to send data to DAWOSC.

First:
In the Preferences in DAWOSC, make sure that "Receive MIDI Messages" is checked.

Second:
In Cubase, in the Device Manager, make sure that it's set to TRANSMIT in the upper grid. If you go to:

http://www.dawsound.com/#!instructions/c1enr

you'll see a screenshot of how Cubase needs to to be set. Notice that the "Flags" column in the upper grid is set to "R,T", which means "Receive and transmit".

In the lower grid, make sure that "Not Automated" is set in the "Flags" column for things like Volume. Cubase isn't the best for transmitting data over MIDI, which is why so many people in the Cubase forums complain that Cubase still doesn't support OSC.

You might end up with MIDI feedback loops. I'm working trying to find a workaround for that. Hopefully, that issue will be resolved in a few weeks.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CubaseMan on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks for the guidance and, indeed, for all your effort in making this app available.

I will get stuck into setting up layouts and 'Flag' checking this evening. Keep on rocking!

S.

CubaseMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top