Transport position

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Transport position

Post  CubaseMan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 am

Hi Mark

After resolving some initial teething problems (firewall related) the app is working well in my Cubase 5 and JB tablet environment. I have designed a couple of layouts for specific Cubase workflows and these are now in use and glitch free in operation.

One thing that would be most helpful would be some way to transmit and display numerical information within the app, e.g. for the cursor position, time or bars.

I do of course assume this is impossible, but have no shame in exposing my ignorance by asking anyway!

Cheers.

S.

CubaseMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transport position

Post  Admin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:58 am

I hope to implement this soon-ish. I'm a Cubase user and desperately want this! lol!

Problem is that that kind of information isn't transmitted through regular MIDI messages. It's sent through MMC (similar to the Mackie protocal). I might be wrong about this because I haven't looked into it too deeply yet.

But DAWOSC WILL do this soon, damn it! Even if it kills me...unless Cubase suddenly starts supporting OSC...which would be nice.

Mark

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CubaseMan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 pm

You see, thats just kinda made it worse, I could have coped with "sorry not possible" or "when steinberg gets it act together" or "just waiting for hell to freeze over" etc... but the promise of 'soon-ish' is so tantalisingly close...

...you'll be trying to convince us that you've more important things to do in your life ... as if!

Go Mark go!

S.

CubaseMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:06 pm

ROFL!!

Life? what's that? I have no life Wink

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com