Odd grid behaviour Editor 3.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odd grid behaviour Editor 3.1

Post  coupe70 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi,

just checked out the new editor - looks much better than the old one !

But the grid section is behaving strange.
All my findings are with screen size set to 1024x768 (Coby Kyros tablet).

When I activate "Snap to grid", "Show grid" gets activated, too - one could argue that you do not
always want to see the grid, even when "Snap" is on, but for me it's fine. The other way round
"Snap to grid" should be turned off when I deselect "Show grid", but it doesn't. When I then
turn off "Snap to grid" manually, "Show grid" gets turned on again - makes no sense.

When "Show grid" is activated and I click one of the arrows to change grid size, every click
is counted twice - e.g. 70 goes up to 75, but then to 80.

After having used one of the zoom options the drawing of the grid gets terribly slow for
(de)selecting "Show grid", changing Grid size and changing zoom.

And last but not least "Snap to grid" simply does not work for me...

coupe70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Odd grid behaviour Editor 3.1

Post  Admin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:12 pm

I'll fix this in the next day or so. I haven't been able to duplicate the "snap" not working though. I'll keep playing with it though.

I won't be able to release this fix for about a week or so because I'm in the middle of adding a bunch of new features.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coupe70 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 am

Sorry, I was wrong with 'snap' not working.
I forgot that in your software an element does not snap from grid to grid while moving, but only when releasing it.
I would prefer it the other way round - already snapping while moving makes it easier to really get the position
you want.

And I found another one:
When moving a controller while 'snap to grid' is on not only the position snaps, but also the size.
I would consider this unwanted behaviour - the size should only snap when dragging the size.
Also the height snaps to a new value when only dragging the width of a controller and vice versa.

coupe70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:21 pm

coupe70 wrote:When moving a controller while 'snap to grid' is on not only the position snaps, but also the size.
I would consider this unwanted behaviour - the size should only snap when dragging the size.
Also the height snaps to a new value when only dragging the width of a controller and vice versa.

Actually, a lot of people want it to work that way, but I'll make it an option because that's how I roll Wink
And I'll check out the resizing issue.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://dawosc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  coupe70 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:23 pm

As long as it's clear what they do I am pretty fine with LOTS of options ! Smile

coupe70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top